Friday, July 29, 2011

Sunrise...

I always thought that sharing all of me, was one of my weaknesses. That wearing my heart on my sleeve, and loving with everything that I have, and living with wild abandon, meant that I couldn't control my emotions. When I was younger, I would get my heart broken and think that I could never share that much of myself again, and yet, when the time came, I would love that much more, and share that much more of my heart.

I have since come to realize that this is not a weakness, it is a great strength. It is the way that I face the world, with all that I am, and all that I can give. It is why, when I sing, I feel so connected to those who are around me. Why I have the ability to empathize, and sympathize even when I can't know the pain someone else feels. It is why I feel a personal responsibility to help change the world and make it a loving and more beautiful place. It is also why I seek out the hopeless and the lonely and befriend them, and why I have dedicated my life to helping every person that I can, feel loved.

I also see now that it is not just who I am, but a combination of that with my experiences that urge me to give more of me at every turn. Every sadness that I experience, and every joy as well, opens up another part of my  heart to share more, and to be of greater service.

This is my gift, my passion.

And in the wake of such sadness in my life, I am reminded of this burning in my soul, to be of service. To continue to walk this path, using my gifts and changing the world.

It could make me feel more alone, and yet it connects me deeper to the earth and to my fellow brothers and sisters in a way that gives me hope and strength and power. And I remember that I am here to do a great work, and I have yet one more angel, helping me to accomplish it.

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. indeed! That's it Cerise! Thank you for being YOU and being my friend! You certainly have changed my life and you showed up with all you had, when I needed it the most! Love you, Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I agree. There are simply not enough thank you's in the world to express just how you have helped me mind, body and soul. Your friendship is simply some of the best medicine. :D I love and care for you so much my dear. <3

    ReplyDelete