Saturday, December 3, 2011

Take a moment...

What a beautiful life we live...every morning the sun rises and blesses the earth with it's light. We breathe the fresh air, move our bodies to the rhythm of the earth and interact with others on our journey. We don't usually stop to take the time to think about what we are doing exactly in each moment...our minds are usually on things we must accomplish, our to-do lists, or things we must buy. We also spend an uncanny amount of time thinking about the past...what others have done to us, what we have done to others...what others have done to others...it is amazing how much mental energy we put into what has already been over and done with.

But, how often do we really stop, and take a pause to look at what is happening in this moment. Do we ever stop and take the time to think about all that we have, all that we are and all that we are contributing to the world.

In this moment, for instance, I don't need anything. I have a full stomach, I am warm, I am healthy and I have a roof over my head. Of course, I will need to think about the future and what I need to plan to continue to have these things, but in this moment I don't have to do anything. I can be grateful right now, for all I have, and all that is continuing to come into my life.

Right now, I have more to be grateful, than to be sorry for. All I have is this moment...I am not ever promised another one, and what happened a moment ago is set in stone...and done. This moment is the gift...as they say...that is why it is called the PRESENT!

So today, I will live in the moment. I will not be afraid of what may happen tomorrow, or live in the things of the past that I cannot change. Right now, in this moment, I am just grateful...all I have, is gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment