Saturday, December 31, 2011

As this year comes to a close...

It somehow makes me sad that it will no longer be the year I last held you, or kissed you. I won't be as close in time to the last time I held you alive inside of me. My heart still aches without you...and as blessed as I feel with your little siblings growing inside of me, I cannot help but wish all of my babies could be here with me.

While I am sad to be moving into a new year without you, I am also relieved to be able to leave the year of the most pain I have ever felt behind me. I am grateful to have learned so much, and to have lived so much, even with the sadness that came with it. I am also grateful to have to opportunity for a new beginning and a better outcome with the new adventure I am undertaking.

So as I sit an reflect on what I lost and gained this year, I also stop to remind myself that everything is reciprocal. Each lesson I learned and shared, gave someone else the chance to learn something as well...and I am grateful to have been a blessing this year as well.

So happy new year...here's to something happier...for me. For you, I can't imagine anything happier than singing with angels. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment