Friday, November 4, 2011

Singing always heals my soul...

So, I sang with some friends tonight. We did a benefit concert for the wonderful organization called One True Love...

I realized that singing really heals my soul...it reminds me what I am here for and helps me put things in perspective. I even saw a little baby, and started to get sad, and I reminded myself that today was not about what I don't have...today was about what I do have, and what I have to give.

So here are my thoughts on Love, since that is what the theme of the night was.

Love is the answer to every question, and here is why:

Love would never allow anyone to be hungry, or homeless.
Love would never allow war, or hatred, or needless suffering, of any living thing.
Love would never allow people to be lonely.
Love would never allow abuse, or murder.
Love would never allow unforgivness, sorrow, shame or guilt.
Love would never allow poverty, inequality, discrimination or untruth.
Love would never allow intolerance, in any form.

When we come from a place of Love, all we can do is good in the world. All we can be is positive, and all we can see is love. True, pure, perfect, unconditional Love really is the answer to any question.

If we could all come from this place for just 5 minutes a day...True Love, to ourselves and to everything else that exists, the whole wide world, would know peace.

We are all One...I think this is the meaning of One True Love...To realize our connection to each other, realize our connection to all living things and to our planet, and just feel the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment