Friday, September 23, 2011

Another day, another chance to see the miracles...

It's funny, when I was a little girl, I didn't really believe in miracles...I thought that life just happened and there was nothing really great about it. Then as a teenager, as a Christian I started to see miracles in a different way, but never really thought they happened to me.

Now, as an adult and with the experiences that I have had, I realize the miracles are happening everyday. The miracle of the the sun shining down on us, just close enough to keep us warm, yet just far enough away to keep from burning us up. The miracle of how our bodies know just how to run, our hearts beating, our blood pumping, our brains functioning perfectly, so that we can go about as if nothing is happening at all. How life itself, the process of conception, and birth are so miraculous...

The little things are miracles too, my little girl smiling at me in the morning, my husband who adores me, and who I adore, being by my side...how did we meet so perfectly and happen to be perfect for each other. Butterflies, birds, sunrise, the waves on the ocean...these are all miraculous...

It is easy to get caught up in life, and I am by no means trying to say that life doesn't suck sometimes, but life is beautiful too...and if you don't look at the good with the bad, you can get lost in the bad. I am not happy that some of my experiences have been so sad, but I know that I can't change them, and being able to look at the good around me, saves me from going to the darkest places and reminds me that tomorrow is a new day.

Everyone knows sadness, we all know silent desperation...we all know grief, it is different for everyone, but we know it well...we've all been in what we would call "Hell"...and it is not easy to come out of it, but it is still a choice what side we take. We can choose to walk in the mud and muck and complain, or we can step up on to the road, knowing the muck is there, and also knowing that we have chosen to rise above it and walk toward the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment