Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday

Well today is your day, today I honor you. I honor your life, and your love. Every precious kick, every punch. Every ultrasound I got of you sucking your fist. I honor and love you for every moment that you were with me and every memory I now have to cherish.

I once said, in my saddest moment, that I wish that I had just had a miscarriage...I said that I wish I had never had the sadness of losing you at the last moment of pregnancy...but I don't. I am grateful I got to see your face, to name you, to love you and hold you. I am grateful that I know whose ears you had. I am glad I got to see that you had my grandmother's toes and fingers...and your father's cheeks. I am glad I got to see how much like me you looked, and how much beautiful curly hair you had on your head.

As the song goes, "My life is better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance"

Thank you for the dance we shared baby boy, I will cherish it always.



No comments:

Post a Comment