Thursday, May 31, 2012

Birthday...

Tomorrow is your birthday...so I went and bought balloons. I walked down the isle and saw all the paper plates, and cups and birthday cards...the decorations, and treats for all the guests. But, I won't be needing any of that, there is no cake and ice cream, no party, no guests. I bought balloons, but not in celebration, instead we will write on them beautiful words, and tell you how much we love you. We will put stickers and hearts on them and send them into the sky, hoping that they will reach you in Heaven.

They don't make cards and for babies who never took an earthly breath...no one puts up streamers, or calls to wish you a happy birthday. I don't even know how many people will even remember you tomorrow on your day. But your family will...I will tell Maya that it is your birthday, and that we will send you all our love at 7pm...we will light little candles and stand by the pond...and release your balloons, and we will speak your name. Because you did live my little boy, you did, and we will always remember you and speak of you...you will never be forgotten. Your life made a difference, no matter how short on earth it was. You matter...and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment