Thursday, February 23, 2012

I haven't forgotten...

I walk into a room and everyone lights up, because there are three of us now. Everyone is so happy and I am too...and, I still haven't forgotten you.

Maya tells me, there will be three children in our family now, but I gently remind her we have a baby waiting for us in heaven, because I still haven't forgotten you.

I read about how the babies are growing, and get excited that I might actually bring them home this time...and, I still haven't forgotten you.

Every morning I look at your beautiful face on the picture of you that I have, I smile and I cry, knowing that you are loved, even though you are not here...and, I still haven't forgotten you.

I never will, no matter how many days I live on this planet, no matter how many future children I give birth to, no matter the happiness that fills my soul. There will always be a place in this family that you should have filled, a bed you should have occupied, arms that should be wrapped around you...I will always remember that, for as long as I am on this planet...until the day I get to hold you again, and whisper into your ear, "I never forgot you"

2 comments:

  1. Heartfelt, soul-felt and absolutely beautiful Cerise! Blessing you in these moments with strength, love and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cerise,
    Happy Mother's Day to you! <3
    You are a mother of 4 children and you will never forget...
    I am sending you love, love, love!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete