Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

But man, that fear can knock you on your butt!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning...I just had one last week. This is the NT test, so they can check for Down Syndrome, which was optional. I chose it because I want one more glimpse that everything is fine in there.

My minster on Sunday spoke about planting the seed for what you want and not digging it up all the time to check and make sure it is growing...and I joked that, "This is why people invented ultrasound technology"

I know that these babies, and myself, deserve to have a beautifully blissful pregnancy, but the knowing and the reality are two different things. There are some roads, that once walked, you can't turn around and be ignorant anymore. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a choice. I know the truth, and I know the Truth.

I know that there isn't a single thing I can do that will guarantee that I am holding healthy screaming babies a the end of this pregnancy. And really, what will worrying get me? Will it change the outcome? Will it make me happier? The answer is no...it won't. It will just make me miss out on this beautiful and amazing experience of LIFE, that is happening within me.

I think back on my pregnancy with Mateo...and I worried then too. But, I loved more than I feared.

I choose love over fear today also...because even if something does happen...I don't want my babies to know that fear. I only want them to know love...

No comments:

Post a Comment